Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year's Eve

I am so ready for a new year.  I will try my best to make it a good one, full of healthy habits and learning new things, hopefully mastering some of them. 

It's pointless to say I will diet, as I am obsessive about my weight anyway.  I check it every day and track my calories.  I make an effort to get up from my computer every hour or so, stretch, do squats at my desk if I can't get away for a 15 minute walk.  I am within 7 pounds of being where I was before the last baby, so I feel pretty good about that.  I had a protein shake for breakfast, leftover chicken and dressing for lunch, and hubby is making panini for dinner with chicken, ham, fresh veggies. Yum!

Re quilting, I want to get ahead of the hand made gift giving for next year.  When December comes I get all excited about making Christmasy things and soon run out of time.  I have already started on teacher gifts for next year, I have several sets of coasters cut out so far, I think about 6.  One of my sisters has ordered a set, so her gift will be taken care of, too.  Another thing I want to complete by next Christmas is my hexagon quilt top and a Christmas quilt top.  Since I started quilting, I have wanted a Christmas quilt just for me.  I don't know why, they just looked so pretty on a magazine cover I saw at a guild meeting. 

I also want to complete my Quilters Academy final.  That's enough to get started with.  This blog will hold me accountable in case I run out of steam.  Happy New Year!