Sunday, October 13, 2013

still sewing

With all that's been going on, I am back to sewing!  I started homeschool for our son with my husband's support, we are all happy with it, still hand quilting hubby's quilt, and making clothes for the little one.  This dress is called the Agnes tunic by Jennifer Paganelli.

 
here is the dress with collar inserted and one sleeve attached.
 
 
making the collar and bias strip came first.  Attaching the collar was the most complicated part.  Paganelli's patterns are very detailed and helpful with specific instructions and lots of pictures.
 
 
 
I finished with French seams and sleeve and hem bands.  I love the way the bands look, and it is an easy way to hem.  She wore the dress all day, it was very comfy she said. It's the first dress I have made for her that she really likes, she even wants to wear it for fall pictures when she goes back to pre-school after fall break. Success!!!!
 
 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sweet dress and sweet little faces!