Wednesday, August 31, 2011

One Flower Wednesday




I made another red and white one, my son picked out this yellow center
here's the front



here's the back

I opened up one of the flaps so you can see how it is folded, no templates.  I started out with a
five and a half inch square for each hexie.   I drew around a cereal bowl with a sharpie and cut out my six circles from the  red and white fabric, starched and ironed each circle.  I iron up a batch, then I'm ready to take a stack and sew them together while I'm relaxing in front of the TV.  Happy Wednesday everyone.  To see more hexie flowers go to http://www.journeyofaquilter.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Karen said...

Pretty flower and such a different way of making them!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

WOW! No templates and your flower turned out perfectly!!

Marianne said...

I like your method of forming the hexagon. All of your flowers look great.
I just joined Lily's garden Party and it's fun visiting everyone's blog.
Marianne

Pat from Florida said...

Interesting! I've never seen hexies made that way.