Thursday, June 16, 2011

One Flower Wednesday

I know it's not Wednesday, I hope it's ok to post today!  I made this flower out of fabric I know I bought over 9 years ago.  It was intended for curtains for my little boy's room.  Before I could get started on the curtains, my mother in law found some in a magazine that almost perfectly matched the couch we had for that room, and it was a perfect match for the plaid crib set.  That never happens!  I kept the fabric, and have made good use of it, but still have some left. 



The hexie in the two pictures are the same, one taken inside and one outside.  To see more beautiful hexies, visit Karen at http://www.journeyofaquilter.com/.

4 comments:

sunny said...

thanks for sharing not only your hexie, but the story behind it!

Karen said...

A story behind the fabric is always fun, such a lovely flower!

Pat said...

Sounds like some memories are growing in your garden. What a difference between taking a photo inside and outside. It looks like two different flowers.

Nata said...

Sieht schön aus!