Sunday, October 3, 2010

Quilters Academy homework


The next lesson for me is drafting. I love playing with this, the graph paper and the colors. It was fun to start that way, as the book said, with colored pencils and graph paper, but faster to change colors on the computer, so as soon as I had the basic rules down i moved back to my computer and a spreadsheet program. I wanted to convert the interlocking circles quilt to Halloween colors, and it was difficult for me at first because I only chose 3 colors, black, orange and purple. No matter what I did it didn't look right. Then I went back to Harriet's pattern, matching color for color and discovered she had 4 colors in the circles, not 3, so after that it was easy. I already have the fabric I want to use, after I finish the bindngs on my pink and brown quilts I will get started on this one, with the intent to finish by Halloween.

No comments: